Thursday, June 21, 2007

Music Concerts

I'm forever ringing people from concerts. Some desire to share the overwhelming excitement and atmosphere you experience from being there. I'm hardly ever on the receiving end ...

until Wednesday morning as I drove to work. Sharon OE pops up on my ringing phone. As I sit at the lights, I try to decipher the strains of guitar, vocals and static that fall out of the earpiece into something familiar.

My final guess ... Dave Dobbyn.

Yet as I text my suggestion to Sharon, I hear no response. "Was I wrong?", I think to myself. Perhaps her phone just rang me by mistake (an expensive mistake at that).

I should learn not to doubt myself. Guided by another friend attended the London gig tomorrow for the opening band, I checked out the website.

Dave Dobbyn
Tuesday 19th June - Liquid Rooms, Edinburgh
9c Victoria Street 8pm


Perhaps I'm better at deciphering than I thought.
Thanks for the call Sharon.
xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are more than welcome
OOXX