Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The innocence of youth ...

Was walking home behind three little children. Conversation goes as follows:

Child One: Ohhhh have you seen the seal yet?
Child Two: Nah I haven't.
Child Three: If you see him you get fifty bucks. thats heaps. I'm sure I've seen him somewhere
Child Two: Have you really seen him? Where did you see him?
Child Three: *reads sign out* ... see it says you get $50!
Child Two: Where did you see him?

Beck walks past and up the pathway

Child One: Oh man you should go and tell the lady that you've seen him!
Child Three: I don't know where I've seen him.
child Two: Where did you see him!?
Child One: If you go and tell the lady you'll get heaps more money coz seals are worth heaps! Go and tell her!

they continue to argue about whether or not to tell me and whether or not Child Three has seen the seal as they continue to walk up the road.

No comments: