It isn't until you're leaving that you realise the impact people have on your life - work colleagues especially. It's a good way of learning how important people are to you and how special you are to them.
The presents are embarrassing but always appreciated. The home made cards are special and to be treasured. Saying farewell to children that you aren't sure if they've completely understood the concept is always heartbreaking when they initiate kissing you goodbye.
It's certainly a very special group of women that I work with. I could think of no one else who would sing a rousing rendition of 'My Body Makes Music' (actions included I believe) at the tops of their voices in a downtown restaurant just to cheer me up as I was overcome by tears of leaving.
Sure beat the lame 'Happy Birthday' song the table next to us had.
No comments:
Post a Comment