Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bastards of the world

Last Wednesday, someone rear ended Camille. As we were taking off from lights, he wasn't paying attention and rammed into the back of me. Whiplash galore, I pulled over and so did he. Seemed a really friendly guy and we exchanged numbers. He is fully insured apparentely. My 3rd Party insurance meant I had to make a claim through his insurance, so that night I rang and left a message on his home phone and his cellphone to ring me back.

Just like that child in the Save the Children ad ... I waited.

Thursday. No contact. I rang and left a message on his home phone (which nobody answered on the three occasions I rang).

Still ... I waited.


Friday came and still no contact. This is my work vehicle. I have to borrow cars to make it to work. This is impacting my business. I ring and leave a message on his home phone saying its urgent he contact me.

I wait ...

Saturday. Nothing. I finally ring the home number again after news that I should try the Insurance Companies to search for the car or the police, and Catherine answers. I assume this is his wife. She seems pretty pissed off when I pleasantly say who I am and if Grant is home. She abruptly explained that he was away on work and would have to file the insurance himself.

Hmmm ... I was so shocked at her response I didn't have time to ask questions like, "when is he home?".

So I rang back in the afternoon to ask this and she was so rude to me. Sounding pissed off like I was some kind of telemarketer or child stalking her, she said, "And I really don't appreciate all of these phone calls either". I asked her if she appreciated that it was my work vehicle and I need it fixed as soon as possible. She went on about Grant having to do it when he's back from work. "Which is when?" I politely ask. "The end of the week". Fucking Friday?! This coming Friday! Great for my business!

I'm pretty angry by now but accordingly to Derek, I'm still polite on the phone. I apologised to her. As I put the phone down, I'm shaking with anger and yell "FUCKING COW" and "BITCH" at the top of my lungs. I don't normally call people that. She made me out to be the bad person!

Now maybe I should do a poll. If you were her, wouldn't you have phoned me back and said, "My husband is away until Friday so nothing can be done about it til then, I'm sorry." ... WOULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE THAT! What a bloody bitch to make it out that I was stalking them or annoying them. He ran into the back of me and I can't use my car!

I've done a lot of yelling. I figure I'll not send them any ill thoughts, (or good will for that matter), but just relax until he finally gets back to me. Hopefully he is just a nice guy that unfortunately forgot to get a hold of me - how you do that I don't know, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that he just has the badluck of being married to a bitch - and they are procreating which is a bad thing for the rest of the world.

I've just thought that maybe the cellphone is shared by them so this poor woman has gotten all five messages, and Grant really is away out on business (god he might be a pilot for all I know) but the way she spoke to me was ridiculous. He hit my bloody car! She didn't even ask if I was okay. What a fucking cow.

I'm sure everything will work out and I'm just going to leave it so that Grant doesn't get an earfull from bitchlady about me being some kind of stalker, and Grant and I can settle it without whorelady interrupting and putting her delegation in. God, the poor guy is probably under her thumb. I should really try to rescue him.

And I will also say to him that I didn't appreciate the way she spoke to me. I can understand her getting annoyed with the amount of phone calls that I made to them, but why the hell didn't she do something about it? What? Did she think to herself, "Oh I know! I'll just leave her in the dark so that she thinks that my husband is screwing her over and avoiding her phonecalls". Wow .. she must have shit for brains.

I don't think Grant is horrible. I just think he forgot to contact me and hasn't been able to. Maybe he should have left instructions for his wife to let me know whats going on ... but come on. He is a male. Sorry, if anyone has a better excuse I'm willing to hear it.

___________

(This is Derek)

Beck is still being too nice about the whole ordeal. Let's point out a few things she has missed.

Last Wednesday was a beautiful day. The birds were chirping. The sun was blazing. Girls sang in the street collecting money for the cause of goodwill towards humanity. Grant, if that is indeed his real name, had his pitchfork at his side when he eyed up Camille. He saw that the lovely, innocent 1967 Morris was struggling to get into second gear - the collision didn't even happen at the lights - but he chose to ignore this. Deliberately. Wanker is an understatement.

He rocketed into Camille. Rocketed. He then acted all nice-guy like because, well, look at Camille and Beck - aren't they just the cutest things? Wouldn't you act all nice, even if you were in fact the devil himself?

Days passed.

Another important fact in this case is that, when Beck first started calling Grant - if that's his real name - on his cellphone, it actually rang. As in, he was in coverage. He should have been able to receive the messages, or the person who had the phone should have been able to. But they chose to ignore it. Deliberately. Wankers. Understatement.

Finally, let us come to the phone conversation with the whore. Beck was far too polite - she is, as you all know, adorable and incapable of ill-feeling unless completely mortified - and this woman deserved a hiding, no less. I would like to have a few words with her - and a few moments in a sound-proof room - but Beck wouldn't allow it. But, being a journo, I have my ways of finding things out and I might just pay the bastards a visit or two in the next few days. Armed with eggs. And a stink-bomb or two.

Anyone up for a clandestine mission?

4 comments:

Marty & Rick said...

Hey Beck! So sorry to hear about Camille - and you of course. That is so stink, I assume by now that they have made contact - or you have gone round to their place and burned it up. I think you need a holiday... why dont you both come and visit me and Kristin in Florence... Tuscany. We always said we'd meet there one day! I'll bring the wine. Hope you are ok, does your back need a click? Just kidding... miss you lots, and keep your chin up kiddo!

Love from Marty

Musobeck said...

Hey,
Thanks for support. Still haven't heard from them and I'm leaving it til Tuesday before giving them a rocket (that's almost two weeks after the accident ... wonder if I should tell them I also lost x amount of money through not having a work vehicle and expect it back).
A holiday sounds great and Tuscany even better. If only Buenos Aires were closer to Tuscany!
I had Dale around here a few weeks ago .. she laughed when I told her the back story! She hasn't changed a bit.

Take care. Will update when Camille brand spanking new.

Love Beck

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog made me a little fired up. It reminded me of when my car got hit by someone other idiot. I had insurance, so had to get it fixed by my company who then chased up her company. She was nice in person, but her insurance company and my insurance company were not very nice, and it took over a month to get fixed, and was a horrible horrible experience, even though I had done nothing wrong...so I understand your anguish...Car's suck...so do insurance companies, and badies who don't tell you who their insurance company is so that you can get your car fixed.

Musobeck said...

Thanks Adele! Wouldn't you know it? The words 'small claims court' left on his answer machine had him ringing me within the hour.

AND he rang back an unknown number from his cellphone even though I hadn't left a message when I rang from this unknown number. Guilty as sin for screening his phone calls.

I have his insurance now .. just cross your fingers that he makes a claim or we could be in for a long ride ...